Bowlplex Dudley - Page 32 (Thirtytwo meetings since chartered)
+the fourth ABC 41 Club AGM
7pm, 19th September 2011 organised by Russell Cleland cost was £13.00 each for 2 games all cancellations had to be paid for :-(
Please click on any photo to get a larger image. For your convenience the images on this page have been shrunk. To see the full size image please click on the picture and the larger photo will open in a new page. In time the larger picture will be removed to save webspace, if you require a full size image after this time kindly ask webmaster
Please do not copy or reproduce these pictures without permission from the ABC 41 club Chairman.
The winner of the bowling individual competition was Neil Bates who was presented by Russell with a customised bottle of Champagne.
Russell's arrangements did not go to plan as there was a tie for the runner up prize, therefore after a coin toss Harrison was presented by Russell with the second place prize of a customised bottle of wine, and Mike got nothing.
The fourth Active Black Country Past-Tablers (41) Club Annual General Meeting was held 19/9/11 after the bowling.
1. Outgoing Chairman Bob thanked Russell for organising such a super event this evening, thanked all organisers of ABC events throughout the year, and argued with the Secretary over protocol as the agenda called for a welcome only at this point rather than the Chairman's report which would be item 9. Then continued the argument that the meeting timing should not be taken from this point.
2. Vice-Chairman Tim thanked Bob for a most successful year under his capable management (24 seconds)
3. Hon. Secretary Andy's report had been distributed in writing and available on-line beforehand as below.
4. Hon. Treasurer Paul forwarded his report via the secretary stating books have balanced and he is willing to stand again. Capitation for ABC 41 Club is proposed to remain at £10 with the proviso that National does not make any unexpected change in their charges.
5. International Officer Neil reported that in line with the established requirement of not associating with any foreign nation more than 26 miles from England he had not been approached to make contact on our behalf with anyone involving commitment from members of our club.
6. Membership Officer Andy eloquently and accurately stated a full and comprehensive well prepared report, presenting in professional detail that we now have a club membership of 32, no 34, or is it 32? There were no questions from the quorate assembly present.
7. Hon. Webmaster Jon stated the site is running well, thanked Bob for his continued hosting of the site, and reported www.abc41cub.com had now received 3243 hits which means it had 1540 hits in the last 12 months. Therefore it appears to be being used well by the membership.
8. Hon Chairman's report (the real one this time) Bob stated it had been a fantastic year, well enjoyed be all. He noted over 50% of our current members belong to other 41 Clubs in the area too, and this should continue to be encouraged. (1 minute 20 seconds)
9. Installation of our new Chairman elected for 2011/12 is Tim Prior We need to encourage our existing members to continue attending as many events we have as possible, and need to get more existing Area 5 past Round Tablers to join us. (12 minutes 5 seconds).
Tim being such a popular guy there was a fight for who will be his Vice-Chairman requiring election addresses of the candidates and a vote from the members present.
10. Pre-Election addresses by nominees for Vice-Chairman in
alphabetical order meant that Jon spoke to the room first? Jon urged the members
to vote for Andy, but said there was no bad choice between them, and when
questioned he stated he would happily carry on being the club's webmaster
whether elected or not. Andy spoke second urging the members to vote for Jon,
and said if he was elected Vice-Chairman he would not be willing to continue
as the club's Hon. Secretary this year.
11. Winner of the election for Vice-Chairman 2011/12 is Jonathan Lees
The returning Hon. Secretary for 2011/12 again is Andy Worrall
The new Membership Officer for 2011/12 is Harrison Riley
The returning Hon. Webmaster for 2011/12 again is Jon Lees
The returning Hon. Treasurer for 2011/12 again is Paul Jay
The returning Official Photographer for 2011/12 again is Mike Lang
A new office was created for 2011/12 of Fellowship/International Officer being Bob Whiston
12. A.O.B. It was suggested future meetings might be more enjoyable for organisers if paired with another. It was decided after some discussion to continue with the current system of one person clearly carrying the responsibility exclusively to manage each date alone, noting that they can ask for assistance from any member when needed.
This page last edited 19.09.2012 12:43
Information printed here is done so on a good will basis. Accuracy is to the best knowledge of the webmaster at the time of publishing. All rights are reserved and copyrighted©2011 Jonathan Lees. If you have any suggestions or any problem whatsoever with the information contained here please contact J .Lees immediately.